Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Yummy Enchilada Pie & Guacamole! Ole!

Sorry, no picture today. We were tired & hungry by the time I served dinner last night. It's hard to remember to take a picture when you've worked all day, come home & cooked up dinner & just want to get off your feet. ICK! Too bad we're not independently wealthy & unable to just hang out all the time rescuing dogs. Anyhoot...for dinner last night I made enchilada pie (I was feeling to lazy to roll up each enchilada) with Ive's ground round, black beans, kalamata olives, and vegan Monterey Jack cheese. They were very tasty. I served it with a green salad that had lots of cabbage in it...I love love love cabbage, poor Mark he is pretty lukewarm about cabbage. I also made my world famous guacamole as the dressing for our veggies. Lots of green onions, cilantro, yucky winter tomatoes, and pickled peppers. Dinner was very delicious & I am looking forward to my leftovers for lunch today.
No fancy dinner planned for tonight as I am working until 7:30 & Mark will be bowling ;-)
But tomorrow...homemade pizza. Does anyone have a good pizza sauce recipe? I use the Muir Glen pizza sauce which is delicious, but it is the only thing on my pizza that isn't homemade & I was thinking that perhaps it was time to start making my own.
Have a great Wednesday Hump day...remember it's all downhill after today.

No comments: