Monday, January 29, 2007

My New Hero!

Joanne Stepaniak is my new hero. I got the Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook a couple of weeks ago. It is the most amazing book ever. So far I have made 2 awesome cheez spreads. This week we're having her Eggplant Parmagiano Stew. I am very excited about that...more will follow with my review of the recipe. I was so nervous when I gave up dairy about cheese. Not the sitting around eating cheese straight. But for the few times that I would use cheese it was essential to the recipe. So far the Follow Your Heart vegan cheeses & my new cookbook have really helped me to be less nervous about giving up cheese, because I don't have to give up pizza, etc. I just have to find a new way to make it. If you have the cookbook...I wholeheartedly recommend the Gee Whiz Spread and the Crock Cheez, they're delicious on some nice organic Crispy Wheats for a quick snack.

No comments: