Saturday, July 25, 2009

10th Anniversary at Nimbus

Yesterday we celebrated our 10th anniversary at Nimbus. They made us a 4 course vegan meal that was amazing. We sat at a table overlooking the water and ate and ate and ate.




Our first course was a Heirloom tomato gazpacho w/ 4 types of basil, spring shallot, and cucumber. It was easily the best soup I have ever eaten, it tasted like heaven.




Our second course was homemade tofu blackened on a bed of heirloom tomatoes (that melted in my mouth) onion and cauliflower pickle, garbanzo beans, and topped with a cucumber mint salad. It was perfect.






Our third course was sunflower risotto with summer squash, sunflower sprouts, and squash. It was delicious, but I was already starting to feel so full I couldn't finish. Mark ate my leftovers when we got home later that evening.



Unfortunately we didn't get a picture of our fourth course. I wish we had it was so beautiful and so delicious. It was fresh local melon, peaches, and white raspberries topped with a chili lime granita and basil. It was the perfect end to a wonderful meal.

I recommend Nimbus for a special occasion. If you just let them know you're a vegan when you call to make your reservation, they'll have a great meal planned for you. We've also just gone there spur of the moment before, and they're gracious and quick to make us a vegan meal without prior notice. They have great customer service and food.

1 comment:

Mrs. M said...

I just adore Nimbus!! The food is spectacular and their willingness to make things Vegan is the BEST!! :)